Position: Ocean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) F/T Educator
Organization: The Ocean Research and Conservation Association, Inc (ORCA)
Location: Fort Pierce/ Vero Beach, Florida
Apply:Send resume and cover letter to Missy Weiss, Director of Citizen Science and Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ORCA Educator is part of a professional education team and is responsible for developing, teaching and evaluating environmental and science-based education programs for children and adults. Specific responsibilities include: guiding school-based field trips; teaching classroom lessons; conducting outdoor field ecology programs; coordinating habitat restoration projects; writing articles for quarterly education newsletters; and leading community outreach activities and citizen science projects at ORCA’s Center for Citizen Science. Additional duties include assisting with science and engineering field work as needed.
Work Experience Requirements
- Candidates should have 2-5 years teaching experience, as well as a track record of creating and implementing exceptional and innovative curriculum.
- Working knowledge of Florida’s local environment and environmental issues is highly preferred.
- Candidates must have excellent skills and experience in public speaking and written communication.
- Demonstrated abilities to work independently and in a fast paced, team-oriented environment are essential.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and conditions to achieve objectives
Candidates should hold a 4-year degree in natural/environmental sciences, education, or a comparable field of education.