Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Organization: Florida Sea Grant
Location: Gainesville, FL
Deadline: February 26th, 2019
Florida Sea Grant is seeking a highly motivated Communications Coordinator to develop content and products that engage diverse audiences and increase their knowledge of coastal and marine issues.
- Developing multi-media communications products that support Florida Sea Grant’s strategic goals and objectives and that advance our program visibility.
- Incorporating new media products and changing technologies.
- Working with Sea Grant-related faculty and scientists, Sea Grant specialists and agents within UF/IFAS Extension, and institutional and agency partners to develop appropriate communications productions.
- Managing projects and/or events, and coordinate and implement communications strategies.
- Creating or producing editorial and multimedia content for the Florida Sea Grant web and social media presence.
- Developing communications products, including multimedia news packages, in-depth news and feature articles, print publications, videos and exhibits that engage selected audiences and enhance their knowledge of coastal and marine issues.
- Leading the planning and implementation of effective and comprehensive social media campaigns that strengthen the visibility of the program, including a strong and vibrant public image with potential donor audiences in support of Florida Sea Grant fundraising efforts.
- Leading campaigns that inform public opinion of coastal issues and cultivate a favorable public image of Florida Sea Grant’s ability to address them.
- Serving as the FL Sea Grant liaison with the National Sea Grant Communications Network in support of the state and national programming, and represent the program at conferences, meetings and in the media.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
- A diversity of skills in digital media, including, but not limited to, website development and maintenance; desktop publishing, copywriting, and multimedia production.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a public information capacity for print, broadcast or online media.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and new media technologies to achieve the communications goals of an organization.
- Competency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and web-based CMS.
- Capacity to work independently as a self-starter, capable of high-volume production under deadline and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral English-language skills, as well as an understanding of print, broadcast and online media.
- Experience in a public affairs, outreach or Extension capacity.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish.