Position Title: Discovery Program Specialist
Division/Department: Education Department
Location: Texas State Aquarium, Corpus Christi, TX
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (Foundation) – a private, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening and promoting U.S. national marine sanctuaries — is seeking a Junior Front-End Developer who will work within the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries to design, develop and implement websites. Successful applicant will play a key role in supporting the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) by administering headquarters level web development for the National Marine Sanctuaries and ONMS on behalf of the Foundation.
Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
● Participate in and provide leadership for Discovery, school-based outreach, and Aquavision programs involving education staff through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
● Participate in school-based program development and evaluation.
● Coordinate activities of Instructors assigned to Discovery, school-based outreach, and Aquavision programs.
● Collaborate and communicate across departments, schools, and school districts on program logistics.
● Gather/procure necessary material and equipment, and ensure appropriate maintenance and use.
● Provide live animal demonstrations as needed.
● Work in conjunction with departmental coordinator to schedule staff/volunteers for programming.
● Investigate and coordinate external partnerships for Aquavision and outreach delivery.
● Coordinate and streamline school-focused programs to emphasize STEM process skills.
A Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is required with one to two years related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of education or experience may also meet the required qualifications.
For more information and to apply, please check the full job description.