Location: Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, Silver Spring MD
Supervisor: Vice President
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (Foundation) – a private, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening and promoting U.S. national marine sanctuaries — is seeking a Junior Front-End Developer who will work within the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries to design, develop and implement websites. Successful applicant will play a key role in supporting the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) by administering headquarters level web development for the National Marine Sanctuaries and ONMS on behalf of the Foundation.
Successful candidate will provide support by working with the ONMS web team to design, develop, test and implement websites for the National Marine Sanctuary System.
● Provide maintenance support and resolve technical issues related to ONMS websites.
● Migrating content to Bootstrap-based templates.
● Archiving of ONMS website content and documenting process for archiving.
● Ensure ONMS websites follow NOAA, DOC and OMB requirements.
● Ensure videos are web optimized and captioned
● Make recommendations for better User Experience based on sound reasoning and best practices
● Analyze and solve problems related to company websites and digital properties
● Assist in special projects for the Education and Outreach Division as needed.
● Occasional administrative tasks such as tracking property.
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in web development or graphics design.
● 1-2 years of web design and development experience preferred
● Understanding of Section 508 accessibility requirements and how to apply them to web pages.
● Experience building responsive design web pages.
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
● A critical eye for design and usability
For more information and to apply, please check the full job description.