|Position Title:||Education Specialist – Rookery Bay (Naples, FL)|
|Job Opening ID:||516109|
|Division/Department:||CASE – Inst of Water & Environment|
Assists with activities associated with, but not limited to, the development and delivery of educational and interpretive program at the Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve Environmental Learning Center (ELC) in Naples, Florida. This is a full-time, benefited position as faculty with Florida International University (FIU).
• Collaborates with education and Rookery Bay staff to design and deliver programs for students from high school and college program utilizing boats; in addition to casual visitors, tour groups, community organizations, summer camps and special events.
• Trains volunteers in delivering interpretive programs on exhibits and trails..
• Delivers a variety of outreach programs in the community and coordinates professional teacher development workshops under the direction of the Education Coordinator.
• Serves as educational crew leader on a variety of boats such as kayaks and 27′ mullet boats and skiffs and ensures water safety protocols regarding passenger safety are enforced.
• Provides assistance as needed in the event of an emergency at the Rookery Bay Site, including pre-storm preparation, post-storm cleanup and replacement of stored goods to ready the site for operation after a storm; or other services assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
For more information and to apply, please see the full job posting.