POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Captain/Educator
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
Save The Bay is seeking an experienced mariner who is passionate about education to join our team as a seasonal captain. As a member of Save The Bay’s education team you will work with the Lead Captain to ensure safe and efficient operation of STB vessels while being an active captain and educator for our school and Bay Adventure programs including summer camps. Responsibilities are divided among Captain and Educator roles; hours are between 30-40 hours/week from April-August and 15- 20 hours per week September-March.
- Master United States Coast Guard license 50 Gross Tons
- Excellent knowledge of USCG regulations
- Knowledge and experience navigating Narragansett Bay (preferred)
- Passion for environmental education
- Must enjoy working with children and the general public
- Must enjoy working outdoors despite extremely sunny, hot, or rainy conditions
- Must be flexible and outgoing with a good sense of humor
- BCI check required
- First Aid/CPR certification required
- Must submit to random drug testing program throughout the year
- Ensure all onboard navigation, collection and teaching equipment aboard education vessels are operational and stowed. Inform Lead Captain and Director of Education of any deficiencies and arrange for their repair or replacement.
- Represent Save The Bay in a positive light to our customers.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Bridget Prescott, Director of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org; or, Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, RI.