Freestone Environmental Services, Inc. (www.gofreestone.com) a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, seeks a talented individual to serve as a Budget Analyst to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R – www.response.restoration.noaa.gov). OR&R is a program office that responds to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this OR&R provides scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, and contaminants; works to reduce, remove and better understand the impacts of marine debris; and protects and restores the nation’s trust natural resources.
The Budget Analyst will be a team member of the Business Services Group division within OR&R. The Business Services Group provides OR&R with budget and administrative support. It is a team-oriented and collaborative work environment.
- Provide budget tracking and analysis. This will require the individual to use and enter data into office-specific information systems.
- Research and query budget data and expense information.
- Prepare materials for responses to various budgetary questions.
- Play an integral role in the budget planning process.
- Provide analysis on pending obligation commitments for grants and contracts and accurately report the information to key personnel.
- Prepare reports and supplies fiscal and budgetary data.
- Analyze and evaluate continual changes in program plans and funding.
- Develop recommendations for financial and/or budgetary actions.
- Notify program office/management of trends toward over and under obligation of funds.
- Recommend ways to improve the utilization of funds.
- Monitor the execution of funding and agreements support.
- Maintain and coordinate project code information.
- Help create and maintain an office policy and procedures manual
- Bachelor’s in business administration or related field.
- Strong knowledge of the budgetary process and analytical skills.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated energetic strategic thinker.
- Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range of individuals.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of Federal Budget Execution and Commerce Business System (CBS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with NOAA policies, procedures for budget and finance is highly desirable.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, Freestone application form (http://www.gofreestone.com/careers), and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: NOAA Budget Analyst.
Freestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran Friendly.