LUMCON is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Consortium Coordinator. LUMCON not only represents a traditional marine laboratory, the DeFelice Marine Center, but also a Consortium of public and private colleges and universities in the state of Louisiana. LUMCON works to serve the education and research needs in marine and coastal sciences across these more than two dozen member institutions (lumcon.edu). Furthermore, LUMCON’s serves as a center for the synthesis in coastal and marine science (https://lumcon.edu/marine-synthesis-center/).
The Consortium Coordinator will provide management, coordination, and oversight to bolster LUMCON’s Consortium mission. The ideal candidate is focused on results, has a dedicated personality, and is committed to building scientific and educational networks. The applicant should have experience managing collaborative projects involving multiple stakeholders. Superior communication, networking and organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential.
The Consortium Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director but coordinates with other LUMCON management as well as variety of state stake holders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate specific projects between LUMCON and individual Consortium institutions.
• Coordinate follow-ups and updates on existing projects.
• Coordinate, plan, and promote Consortium institution visits to LUMCON
• Identify and promote new collaborations between LUMCON and individual Consortium institutions.
• Identify and lead efforts to fund and support consortium collaborations.
• Coordinate communications with Consortium institutions.
• Work with the Associate Director of Education to coordinate, organize, and promote undergraduate and graduate courses.
• Coordinate and participate in Consortium institution visits with and without the Executive Director both in out of the state and provide appropriate follow ups.
• Attend conferences, state administrative and legislation meetings, and Consortium institution events as needed.
• Maintain a database of contacts within Consortium institutions
• Coordinate participation in or planning of events as needed.
• Oversee and promote LUMCON’s Marine Synthesis Center and recruit users into the program.
• Promote and coordinate with the Associate Directors of Education and Science educational and research usage by Consortium institutions of the LUMCON’s assets.
• Generate reports of Consortium usage of LUMCON on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Generate and update marketing materials for LUMCON as related to Consortium mission.
• Minimum of 4+ years of experience in educational or research program coordination.
• Experience in coordinating multidisciplinary teams.
• Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
• Willingness to travel within state and occasionally nationally.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with LUMCON-specific programs and software. Familiarity with online collaboration tools, e.g. Slack, and file sharing, e.g. Dropbox.
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
Those interested in the position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download a copy of the job posting, please click here.