LUMCON is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant works directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with the public and academic community.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Respond to requests for information requiring interpretation of departmental rules and regulations.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the Executive Director.
- Independently compose correspondence involving complex, sensitive, and non-routine matters.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, prepare materials for these meetings, and attend and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Schedule and manage all domestic and foreign travel for the Executive Director including: building itineraries, booking flights and accommodations, following state travel processes and polices, and submitting proper documentation in a timely manner.
- Plan and manage internal and external LUMCON events.
- Maintain an organized paper and electronic filing system.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Develop and sustain a culture of professionalism among staff and visitors.
- Supervise 1-2 personnel as directed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in booking domestic and foreign travel.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with LUMCON-specific programs and software. Familiarity with online collaboration tools, e.g. Slack, and file sharing, e.g. Dropbox.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Those interested in the positon should submit a resume, cover letter, contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.