|Title:||Program Supervisor VI|
|Monthly Salary:||$4598.66 – $6965.57|
|Section/Division:||Planning and Implementation Section/Water Quality Planning Division|
Manages, directs, and supervises the administrative and technical activities of the Galveston Bay Estuary Program (GBEP), including the development and execution of an annual grant work plan and projects to implement the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Builds partnerships and facilitates coordination and implementation of the Galveston Bay Plan, including the facilitation of funding mechanisms involving federal and state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and the public. Oversees advisory activities of the Galveston Bay Council regarding research, public outreach, participation and involvement, and planning and resource management activities. Manages the Galveston Bay Estuary Program office by establishing and tracking program goals and objectives that are communicated to/and by staff through meetings to facilitate implementation of the program and Galveston Bay Plan. Coordinates development and implementation of appropriate grant applications, work plans, contracting activities, and budgets to accomplish statutory responsibilities, goals, and objectives. Performs supervisory functions such as hiring and performance management, and develops staff through training and identification of needed skills for each job function. Manages the daily operations of the GBEP, including planning, coordinating, and directing staff efforts to ensure the accomplishment of program goals and objectives consistent with the agency’s strategic plan and within budget guidelines. Represents the GBEP as a Program of the TCEQ in National Estuary Program activities to ensure a good standing of the Program. Oversees and/or participates in outreach activities to various stakeholder groups, as well as public and private entities.
- Experience in the administration of a program relevant to assignment.
- OR Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (COPY OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION) with major course work in a field relevant to assignment.
- Experience directing and/or administering a program budget and/or activities related to procurement, contracts, federal grants, and progress reporting.
- Experience preparing and presenting speeches, planning workshops, conferences, and conducting meetings.
- Supervisory or personnel management experience.
- Experience working in federal or state government related to water quality and/or coastal issues.
- Moving up to 40 pounds of outreach equipment, and paper.
- Traveling up to 10% of the time.
- Working overtime as needed to complete assignments.
- The agency will review the applicant’s driving history in connection with the use of a vehicle in the performance of the job.
Condition of Employment:
TCEQ will verify Selective Service registration for males born on or after January 1, 1960. If exempt from Selective Service registration selected candidate must provide proof of exemption on first day of employment. Offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work for the TCEQ. TCEQ will conduct a criminal history records search on candidates selected for posted vacancies. Only applicants who are interviewed will receive written non-selection notification.
Email a State of Texas application to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to TCEQ Human Resources & Staff Services, P.O. Box 13087, MC-116 Austin, TX 78711-3087; or submit in person, at 12100 Park 35 Circle, Bldg. A, Austin, Texas 78753 by the close date. An electronically signed copy is acceptable.
In compliance with ADA, if you need any special accommodations during the employment process, please contact HRSS for assistance at (512) 239-0102.
For more information and to download the full job posting, click here.