School Programs Coordinator
Summary: The School Programs Coordinator is directly responsible for the creation, implementation, execution and volunteer training of school-based programs at Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC). This individual will liaise with the Palm Beach County School District and coordinate successful educational programming both on campus and off campus.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Biology, Conservation, or relevant discipline. Minimum two years working in marine science education. Must have the ability to lead environmental education programs for different age levels, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of K-12 curricula development, state education standards, and school district communications as well as Florida’s coastal ecosystems is essential.
Reports to: Associate Director of Education
Job Responsibilities: Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and manage LMC Field Trip program
- Improve and maintain current program curricula
- Expand Field Trip program portfolio
- Tracking and training of program volunteers
- Develop and implement canned, LMC branded education curriculum based on up-to-date Next Generation State Standards and Ocean Literacy Principles
- Develop and maintain specialty workshop programs and relationships with homeschool groups
- Represent LMC at community STEM Educator events including: STEM Open House, Science symposiums and Science Nights
- Coordinate and host Educator Workshops throughout academic school year, including the creation of take-home professional development resources and curricula for educators
- Liaise with Palm Beach County School District and affiliates regarding curricula requirements, meetings, deadlines, etc.
- Palm Beach County Cultural Education Committee (CEdC)
- Coordinate with Assistant Education Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to schedule and offer school outreach programs, including:
- Facilitate as needed
- Expand school outreach program offerings
- Maintain volunteer training program for offsite programming
- Improve existing programs and expand virtual program portfolio
- Gathering video content for digital educator resources
- Facilitate programs as needed
- Tracking and training program volunteers
Interested applicants may submit their resume, cover letter and three references
To view or download the full job description, click here.