The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, State Lands Division, seeks to hire a Resort Worker to serve as a Science Educator at the 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center in Spanish Fort, Alabama. To learn more about this facility, please visit www.alabama5rivers.com.
The Resort Worker classification is a position that is used by ADCNR, and involves the performance of a broad variety of assignments associated with the operation of state park facilities. Employees in this class at 5 Rivers will work as part of an educational team to conduct field trips, design and implement curriculum and special programs, care for and maintain educational animals, design and implement exhibits, and participate in public outreach and general promotion of the facility. Work frequently involves weekends and holidays.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Pay Grade: 46 ($819.80 – $1158.60, Semi-monthly)
This is a full time, salaried position. This classification does not receive Merit System benefits. It does receive thirteen paid holidays each year, accrued annual and sick leave, Health/Dental Insurance benefits, and Retirement Benefits. This position is designed in this instance to be conditionally promoted into the Biologist Aide class.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SKILLS
- Works with educational staff to plan and coordinate field trips for ages pre-k to senior citizen groups.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of educational animals, including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and insects.
- Maintain current exhibits, and assist in planning and developing new exhibits.
- Assist educational staff in developing and implementing new classes and curriculum for all ages.
- Assist in providing educational outreach at events around the state and community.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and public speaking a necessity.
- MUST be computer proficient, and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Physical labor is involved, including moving of aquariums, buckets, soil, enclosures up to 50 lbs.
- Crosstrain to provide support to other areas of the facility as needed.
High School Graduation.
College degree with an emphasis on science, education, or psychology.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete a State of Alabama Application for Examination Form. A copy of the form can be downloaded from www.personnel.alabama.gov. You may also pick one up at the 5 Rivers Delta Center or any Alabama Career Center Office.
- Fax or mail the completed Application for Examination directly to the 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center, ATTN: Shonda Borden, Director. The completed form may also be emailed to Shonda.Borden@DCNR.Alabama.gov. You may also include a current resume.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply by Feb 21, 2018. Applications received after this date may not be considered.