Posting Closing Date: 09/29/2017
Position 37002151 will reclassified to Engineering Specialist IV and located in Tallahassee, Florida.
This position will serve as the Florida Department of Environmental Protection lead for the Florida Resilient Coastline Program in the Florida Coastal Office. The incumbent will provide technical and planning community assistance for coastal flooding concerns related to sea level rise.
- developing and managing regular meetings of a Florida multi-agency steering committee that will organize Florida’s coastal resilience activities and capabilities
- serving as a technical expert on sea level rise, coastal community resilience infrastructure, and habitats
- supervising staff responsible for seeking and/or discharging grant funding to coastal communities for resilience planning and projects
- developing public and private partnerships formally and informally
- conducting public outreach events, webinars, workshops, and materials on coastal community resilience assistance and funding availabilities
- attending technical trainings and conferences related to furthering the mission of the Coastal Resilience Program
- initiating and interpreting coastal hydrology modeling for sea level rise and coastal community resiliency
- collaborating with the Coastal States Organization and Association of State Floodplain Managers on Federal Emergency Management Agency Community Rating System (CRS) activities on the CRS Green Guide, stakeholder outreach and engagement, and other related pursuits
- providing regular briefings to the Director and DEP leadership as requested on progress of the Program
- managing the Program’s budget and interacting with financial planners
- conducting other duties as assigned
The position requires a driver’s license to be maintained and necessitates several days a month of travel.
Agency: Environmental Protection
Working Title: ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST I – 37002151 (PENDING RECLASSIFICATION)
Position Number: 37002151
Education: Bachelors Degree required
For further information and to apply, please view the official job listing.