The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization working to drive bold, science-based action to rebuild Coastal Louisiana through outreach, restoration and advocacy. CRCL unites business leaders, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, government agencies, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens to advance restoration for the benefit of people and nature.
CRCL is seeking a Policy Specialist to be a senior strategic player in the pursuit of our mission. The Policy Specialist will engage with state and federal partners to advance coastal restoration. The successful applicant will join a talented team and enjoy a high-energy, flexible work environment.
- Develop and advance CRCL’s policy positions and priorities for coastal restoration and protection programs, projects, funding and timelines, working in close partnership with Mississippi River Delta Coalition partners.
- Manage strategic coalitions and relationships with industry, regulators, policy makers, opinion leaders, community groups and other environment NGOs.
- Represent CRCL at scientific meetings, public meetings, press conferences and outreach events.
- Communicate relevant information and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with CRCL Communications Team and media to build support for coastal restoration and CRCL programs.
- Assist in grant development and management and organizational strategy development and evaluation.
- Advise and support CRCL events including the State of the Coast biennial conference, workshops, field trips and on-the-ground restoration projects.
- Advanced degree or equivalent professional experience in law, policy, economics, natural resource management, science, engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with state and federal administrations and agencies and elected officials.
- Knowledgeable about Louisiana’s coastal restoration and protection programs and projects.
- Able to synthesize and communicate technical and complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Proven time and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently as a highly-motivated self-starter.
- Sincere appreciation and enthusiasm for conservation and the coast of Louisiana.
- Positive, solution-oriented, practical approach to natural resource management.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous health and retirement benefits provided.
Location: New Orleans, LA (preferred), Baton Rouge, LA (possible)
Closing Date: Open immediately. Open until filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Ms. Amy Tyrrell at: email@example.com.